(1) Volunteer Coordinator Job Oppurtunity
Wentworth Woodhouse Preservation Trust is pleased to be able to offer this new Role of Volunteer Coordinator – this recognises the vital role that our Volunteers play in helping to save and restore the House. Applications for this role should be sent to Julie Readman by email email@example.com – CV and covering letter (no more than one A4 page long) by 14th June 2017. The job value is circa £20k pa’.
JOB TITLE : VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
LOCATION : WENTWORTH WOODHOUSE
RESPONSIBLE TO : VISITOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To recruit and establish a professionally run and managed volunteer service covering all aspects of the Wentworth Woodhouse Preservation Trust’s activities. This includes recruiting, inducting, training and managing volunteers, establishing a volunteer base, implementing volunteer role statements and codes of conduct, and work programmes so that the volunteer team can be integrated with the permanent staff and make a real contribution to the operation of the site.
1. To produce an annual volunteering plan and manage and work to the agreed departmental budget.
2. To work in conjunction with the Visitor Operations Manager to develop a Volunteer Strategy which provides the framework and policies for all volunteer activity in the project taking account of best practice around the UK.
3. To undertake a needs analysis to establish the range of skills required at Wentworth Woodhouse.
4. To undertake a recruitment campaign to increase the existing volunteer numbers in line with the requirements of each department.
5. To undertake a robust selection process and to repeat and refresh this process to ensure WWPT always has the level of volunteers it requires to deliver it activities.
6. To establish agreed Statements of Roles which clearly set out what WWPT will offer the volunteer and what WWPT expects the volunteer to provide in return.
7. To develop a programme of induction and training to ensure volunteers have the skills necessary to carry out the job.
8. To ensure that the volunteering provision at Wentworth Woodhouse is accessible to all groups.
9. To work with the Visitor Operations Manager to devise a set of volunteering standards, in liaison with WWPT’s Health and Safety Adviser and other specialists, and ensure they are adhered to and kept up to date reflecting legislation.
10. To devise and undertake appropriate training for each volunteer and maintain appropriate records.
11. To ensure all volunteers involved with children and young people are CRB checked.
12. To maintain an inventory of equipment used to support volunteering activity and ensure all relevant mandatory and in-house standards are complied with.
13. To support the Visitor Operations Manager and to deputise as the principal focus for liaison with other bodies concerned with conservation and heritage volunteering.
14. To establish a volunteer base and mess rooms as available and appropriate.
15. To provide essential human resource service to all volunteers and ensure they feel part of a team.
16. To develop a social programme for volunteers including talks and visits.
17. To work closely with all permanent staff to ensure the volunteer team reflect their needs and to reflect the fact that some permanent staff also do volunteer work.
18. To identify potential ‘leaders’ within the Volunteer Team to ensure the sustainability of the volunteering department.
19. To work with the Visitor Operations Manager and CEO in preparing information for funding bids for volunteer activity.
20. To market volunteering to corporate clients and manage corporate volunteering events.
21. To attend events including presentations and conferences to promote volunteering opportunities.
22. To work as a team member providing support when necessary and appropriate to all colleagues.
Strong interpersonal and management skills with the ability to influence and motivate. Minimum 3 year experience in a volunteering / volunteering supervisor role. Proven experience of working in heritage and/or conservation management. ICT skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience or interest in life-long learning. Knowledge and understanding of working in the voluntary sector. Experience of working with volunteers. .Ability to work with minimum supervision and manage own workload.
(2) Events Manager Job Oppurtunity
We are pleased to be able to offer the Role of Events Manager, please follow the link for further information: