Wentworth Woodhouse is looking for a full time housekeeper to come and join our team – this is a demanding role which will require considerable diary flexibility and physical fitness to meet the demands of this Grade 1 property and its busy visitor programme. If you are interested in the role and would like to look at the job description, please call Julie Readman on 07753 931245 or email to: email@example.com
JOB TITLE : Housekeeper
LOCATION : Wentworth Woodhouse
RESPONSIBLE TO : Facilities and Maintenance Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the cleanliness and general order of the public rooms as well as the staff areas in this Grade 1 setting. The role will provide a consistently high standard of cleanliness and will support the commercial events programme and the heritage tours business, ensuring that spaces are prepped and ready for scheduled activity.
• Cleaning and maintaining all areas of the house as well as back of house including laundry management.
• To work as part of a team and make sure that an enjoyable environment is maintained.
• To perform all housekeeping duties in an efficient manner, and to the highest standards.
• To recruit (with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator), train and manage groups of Volunteers to support the front of house cleaning regime.
• Manage and control of stock related to housekeeping forwarding orders to the office manager at designated times.
• To adhere to the Company Health and Safety and duty of care procedures to all areas within the House – reporting any issues to the Health and Safety lead officers.
• Complete the relevant daily, weekly and monthly tasks as directed.
• Maintain high standards of personal presentation and hygiene in line with the company dress code.
• To carry out any other duties as may be required by your line manager and cover for House Assistant duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
• 6 months of working as a cleaner
• Reliable and dependable in performing duties
• Customer Service centric
• The desire to succeed, through drive and commitment to high levels of customer service, and product and service offerings
• The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels
• A good team ethos is important, along with the ability to support team members and colleagues.
• Staff management experience.
DEVELOPING SELF AND WORKING WITH OTHERS
Effective relationships and communications are important in all Trust roles and you will be expected to manage yourself and your relationships well. Through performance management and effective continuing professional development practice, you will be expected to achieve high standards. You will be committed to your own continuing professional development.
This will include:
• Valuing people and treating them fairly, equitably and with dignity and respect.
• Develop and maintain a culture of high expectations for self
• Regularly reviewing own practice, setting personal targets and taking responsibility for own personal development
• Managing own workload to allow for reflection and an appropriate work/life balance.
You will be methodical and conscientious with an eye for detail, ensuring the rooms are always presented in the best possible manner.
You will need to:
• Be a good communicator.
• Have the ability to use initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Have the ability to work independently and as a team to motivate, enthuse and inspire colleagues.
• Experience of managing and developing staff or volunteers.
• Ability to delegate and manage a diverse cadre of volunteers.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and ability to acquire knowledge of new applications if required.
• Possess a full driving license and have use of vehicle for business purpose and appropriate insurance.
• A flexible attitude towards the role, duties and hours which are expected to be managed via a monthly shift calendar which will include some early mornings, evenings and weekend working.
• Commitment to the aims of the Trust.
• Committed to equality and diversity.
• Clear view of what high standards and performance looks like.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and manage own workload.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS TUESDAY OCTOBER 10th